Sunday, June 13, 2010

"She Don't Wanna Man... She Just Wanna Dance..."

I know alot of niggas was wondering where I was going with the [OVER]time blog. And to be honest, I was too. I actually like that poem [Not saying that I didn't like it] and I thought it went straight to the point. But in all reality, it was more of a DISTRESS call, then a poem. Like "HEY! LOOK AT ME!" An attention grabber if you will. I just wanted to be noticed. Did it work? IDK, it remains to be seen. Sometimes, I feel like in most situations when you meet someone or decide to start something... You wonder what they really WANT. Are you that SOMEBODY? [RIP AALIYAH] or just the flava of the week? You gotta ask yourself that. Because when you feeling somebody, like really diggin em', them unanswered texts and that straight to voicemail shit don't cut it jack. I told someone [who I will hold in privacy] that I was gonna ask the voicemail voice to marry me, cause I hear her voice rather than the one I actually WANNA hear. Was I joking? Kinda. That shit gets annoying. Okay you at work? Tell me. You busy? Tell me. Don't wanna talk to me? Why am I even talking to you anyway? But still, TELL ME! It's like damn. I can only understand so far until my mind plays tricks on me and I'm like THIS close to reenacting that telephone scene from "The Wackness" [Great movie.]

Most girls I meet and I know don't actually know what they want. They have a man just to have em'. Cause the shit is cool... Or that they never really went without one. That just dooms the relationship. Its unfair to you and him. Fellas, before you start applauding... We do the same shyt too! [slowly raise my hand] I just think that before the numbers are exchanged, or maybe during the first phone conversation [right after the 3rd "So what you doing?" and preferably before "So whats good for tonite?"] decide what you want. Put all the cards on the table. The shit helps. Because you never know... that girl may not wanna man. She just wanna dance. [Word to Asher Roth]

No comments:

Post a Comment