Sunday, June 6, 2010

[OVER]time

As the seconds starts to wind down on the clock...
I wonder if I have the chance to put up a last shot
Should I call timeout and bring it to half court?
Or should I inbound it for a runner just to watch it fall short?
Uh, I can't believe I've went three quarters wit you
You done put me in a position where everythings new.
Once, you were on my team playing pick and rolls wit the back screens
Now you on the opposing side playing zone and puttin me in a double team.
And that's what happens when you face a formidable opponent
Who knows all your moves and dares you to score it.
Who just aint gon let you get them easy baskets
they gon push, they gon pull until you decide to shoot or pass it.
I could easily pull a Kobe and save the day...
Or be like Vince at the free throw line and throw it all away
This begs a question, who wants it more?
Does winning it all tastes better to a previous winner then a someone who's never won it before?
Whoa, if we askin that, I'll say that its the latter
Because I want it more than before, not cause I won it after.
I want it so much that I can taste it
I only stumbled before because I didn't realize what I was faced with...
But now I'm back tryna score with a vengeance
Voice mails when I call plays a great defense
Text msgs unanswered, how can I draw a play for this?
Your play is making me foul out, i'm here defenseless...
How can I score, when I'm not even on the court?
I can't trust my reserves to hold down the fort
So with 5 fouls, and 10 seconds left to go
I'ma leave it all to chance and go wit my last resort
I'ma dribble this up court and pull up for a three... and watch em all go for it
But ima head fake and throw the ball the out of bounds
And look up at the crowd who's all riddled with surprise...
Its better to head to the locker room with the score tied.
I guess we'll just have to settle this in overtime...





No comments:

Post a Comment