Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Resistance 2.0

[N]
Hello world... I'm just... goin thru things...
Imma just get it all out there...
Had to steal this one from Drizzy
I'm sippin wine and drinking beer right now...
So forgive me...
Matter fact... I dont really care...
Here I go!

[N]
Should I just escape to PS?
That's Palm Springs for the ones thats ever made it.
I'm stuck in living in moments with no one here to share it
I mean where do I begin
Alcohol makes the memories faded, I hardly relate to my niggas home
Cause they never made it
So here I am... still here in the same place I started in
They say start your life... but not where it ends.
I dial numbers late... I hear the voicemail again
I be talking to myself... self-converstation
I'm almost 23, but niggas think I got a money tree.
They just want to spread it around... Najee Appleseed
Its like no one wants a part of me.
The picture on facebook is the only thing they see
It's happening all it once, like Perry said.
I just wonder should I avoided the right way and went left instead
I'm tryna do better than good enough...
But these thoughts wont ever let up...

[Chorus]
What am I afraid of?
This is what dreams are supposed to be made of
The people I don’t have time to hang with
Always look at me and say the same sh-t
"You promised me you would never change"
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh
"You promised me you would never change"
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh

[N]
Am I wrong for hiding my situation
Especially when TIP got something for me sip on
They say that I'm on, so the problem is to stay on
But I aint tryna stay long..
Just get a plate from the buffet on...
I heard for three weeks my mom aint had the water on
And I be actin like I dont know how to work a phone
But go thru my recent call log
and you'll see that I'll call girls that I barely want at all
I keep wondering who's gonna be the first to get it
When will I finally be accepted?
I couldnt tell you the fuck my head is
Cause niggas at work be making my life hectic
Its like holding on by a thread...
its like I'm high right now
Almost a year but I feel like rolling a plane right now
Look in my eyes, you'll see nothing is a surprise right now.
Cause I'm supposed to be living the life right now...

[Chorus]
What am I afraid of?
This is what dreams are supposed to be made of
The people I don’t have time to hang with
Always look at me and say the same sh-t
"You promised me you would never change"
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh
"You promised me you would never change"
Oh, huh huh
Oh, huh huh

[N]
My sister Facebooked me and asked why I dont like or care about her.
Kinda shocked me because in all honesty I forgot about her.
Which makes me question when did I go missing...
Should go to the ending or start at the beginning
Am I really treatin my friends different?
Maybe the Marine Corps sped the pace up
Or the alcohol that I drink cant keep my face up
Maybe the girl I cared about wont pick the fucking phone up
And finish a conversation that she fuckin started up
I know, but at the same time I forget
Listenin to Drizzy, bout to roll a blunt with a list of regrets
Burn baby burn, its hard to start fresh
If i ever get it right then I probably guessed
Did I trade my free time for Uncle Sam's time
Will I pull a Cobain... and blow my mind?
The door's open, but a nigga need closure...
Aint no comin out though, I'm in it til its over...


**Inspired by Drake's "The Resistance"**

No comments:

Post a Comment