Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Fear

This has been something in the making for a long time.

I've always said I was gonna do this.

It has always been my intention on doing this.

I just hadn't found the time. Nor felt the circumstances to be right...

But I've decided to do it NOW.

I'll tell you this. Starting your own mixtape is a VERY challenging thing. You set up beats, but you dont want the WHOLE thing to be beats from songs that everyone has heard. You go through the whole "writing before/writing during" process. You choose your best songs to record while allowing yourself to be spontaneous and make songs "on the fly". Then its recording. Cause you dont wanna do it grassroots in ya homeboy's closet. or "Hustle and Flow" style in ya moms basement or garage. But if the sound quality is there, and you got to the tools... I say go for it.

Through all these hurdles, I managed to decide to do it. But it wasn't until hearing Drake's "SO FAR GONE" that I completely went over the edge. I admit, I was waiting for something to inspire me, 808's and Heartbreak got me close...but not enough. "Comeback Season" got me closer... But it was "SO FAR GONE" that did it... I remember the moment: Late at night, listening to "Say Whats Real" and the line of, "My next girl standing by my EX girl, standing by the NEXT girl I'm fucking right now..." That sealed it. I immediately turned off the radio and started writing. I had been writing casually earlier, but now I was in a inspired rage. After I found my beats, called my boy Mike who usually makes beats for me... I linked up with another producer TWIX. And now you pretty much have the outline for your mixtape. I decided to call it, "N PLAIN SIGHT".

I named it that because a lot of things that we dont realize or really recognize is right in front of us namely, in plain sight. Whether its the right choice, right career, right location, the "one"... these things can all be in plain sight. Deep huh? This mixtape is like a diary of sorts, a chronicle of events that has happened in the past or at that moment.Cause there's alot I'll get off my chest. I just wanted to blog and tell you guys my plans, and as a show of good faith... I'll type out my TRACK LIST [LATER] to prove I'm not bs'in you...

So wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment