Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I'll Sleep When You're Dead"


This album sums up my stay in Virginia. I truly love this album. Before I moved up there, I never heard of El-P. I had heard of Def Jux [a label] but never really paid attention. It wasn't until I moved and met some cool cats who knew their shit about music [which I rarely meet] and they introduced me to El-P. "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" basically summerizes a fcked up time I had in VA when I was homeless, just wildin out, and a bunch of other shit. When I finally moved back to SC, I listened to the album again and almost broke down in tears. "Poisonville Kids/No Wins" is my favorite song on the album. "Flyentology" is a close 2nd. But "Poisonville" just really brings me back to a dark, dark time I was goin thru... I encourage all people to listen to the album... I even have one of em on my blog.





Listen and "Pay Attention"...





-Shouts out to Allen, Dave, Brittany, Sarah and Brent [BEDSAC and Co] for introducing me to some real shit. I appreciate you all for being GREAT FRIENDS... and pioneers in MUSIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment