Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Story of Us...

Looking thru the contents, pages and chapters
Damn, I thought we would live happily ever after
Life's no fairy tale, love's the same matter
I hear our cries and screams over our moans and our laughter...
Documents that show a good thing gone bad
Man I wish that I coulda gave it all that I had
I wish I could go and rewrite the past...
Maybe this thing of our could last
This love was lived like a movie script
No hollywood ending, just your heart breaking...
Only speaking truth in rhyme, no matter how bad it is
I tried to bury my heart's pain, but still it lives...
Paragraphs to a haiku, a soliloquy to a sonnet
Janet says you never know what you got til its gone... Isn't that ironic?
So with every line written, this is all that I've giving...
My prescribed LOVE of LOVE has been a self-made prison...
So every short story after is just a game...
I feel nothing... I'm numb by the thrill to gain...
It hurts so bad, I can't even speak your name
Aliases doesn't help... so who's to blame?
I can't even bear to hear voice... cause it pains me...
Remembering the days I promised you "forever my lady"...
Jodeci can't even put this in words... I've gone half-crazy...
I'm not even asking for a co-author of this masterpiece of miminalism...
I just need a better view thru life's prism...
So here's my resignation as the "brother to the night"
Let me focus on being a better brother alright?
Get together. Fall Apart. Start over once described this relationship as such
Consider this an AFTERWARD in the story of us...


No comments:

Post a Comment