Thursday, July 22, 2010

The [PRE]lude

*Pardon me, "Maybach Music III" plays in the background...*

Months, maybe even weeks from now, I'll probably be able to tell you how I feel about my first mixtape. I can't tell you how I feel because I haven't fully soaked it all in yet. This was a LABOR of LOVE and I don't even feel that 13 tracks have said all I needed to say. I kinda consider this is a PROLOGUE... a PRELUDE for things to come. You gotta understand, I've been writing since I could remember, and I only started rapping, like seriously RAPPING, seriously RAPPING since I was 18. "Feel Like A King" was the spark. I remember nervous as fuck around BLU and everybody from WSB [Westside Bethea] I never really did this shit before... But once he hit record, I was off and running...

"The theme song to the sopranos, rhymes in the key of life of my mental piano" I remembered how niggas looked when I said that line. PRICELESS. I put everything I had into this. Being stressed out, just wanting everything to be good. I didn't care about a contract, I just wanted people to hear what I had to say. So I gave you insight on my life... I gave you a preview of my thoughts. I wanted you to see where I was coming from.

20 downloads? I didnt know 20 people cared...

50? close to a 100? Wait a minute... this is becoming a movement.... Its not everyday you see a line you wrote as someones status on FaceBook. A girl told me she loved "Portia James Music" because of its honesty... A lot of niggas love "On" or "Power 2.0"... I never expected this response... I thank you all from the bottom of my heart... I appreciate it.

Dont ask me when the next one is coming out though! LOL...

I'll say this... When it does... It'll be "N PLANE SIGHT"...

No comments:

Post a Comment