Monday, May 10, 2010

Say You Will

[N]
I've been avoiding this beat for about a year now...
I just figured... I had too much to say and not enough time...
I just figured I just get it out now... before it destroys me...
Where do I start?

[N]
Tears falling from my face... no green, just red eyes
Hoodie over my head, feeling like a JEDI
Thinking, "Should I burn this bitch down like Left Eye?"
Damn almost a year ago been such a change for this guy
The Marine Corps aint slow down my desire for fine hoes...
California, so I'm all around those...
But still late at night, I go to my address book and dare scroll
down a list of names, it hurts just to see these names, every night is like a wrong road...
I sit and wonder why it aint work out?
Because for months, niggas put in in my head that relationships wont work out...
So down goes Ebony, down goes Tee-Tee and damn, down goes Portia...
These girls never stood a chance, but Naj you knew it kid didnt cha?
But I'll still I tried, still I lied... and still I climbed till I fell like Frazier
My fear dealt me a death blow from the 3pt line like Fisher from the Lakers
Should've known better when I left Toya for ShaKira
That when I got to rock bottom, Karma was gonna be beside her...
For the record, I aint really mean for them to get played
And I can't take back all the decisions I've made...
But I swear I see one of they faces on any chick that I slay...
Gettin numbers like my life depends on it...
But each one looks like the same damn its so ironic
Finally reached a good point with Toya, but I don't dare call her up cause I'll say the wrong thing like...
"I love you... I really wish you'd come back..."
But deep down, I know we can never go back...
Tried fixing things with Ebony, it aint that she the one for me...
I just live a calm life, and her in it makes it crazy
Found the marriage license for me and Portia...
Damn sometimes I wish she was here in California...
Maybe it could work out, this could be something...
But all I hear her sayin is that I need help... I need nothing.
I'm not the Naj from a couple years ago... and I've probably changed from a week ago.
So to have known me means theres a NEW me...
And I don't got a problem wit evolving evidentially...
I'm just scared that eventually you'll forget me and put me on a shelf and not remember me and heart is labeled John Doe
Damn, how long this really gonna go?
And really I just wish I can take you from where you are, and put you in these size tens
and let you walk a couple miles...
Then maybe you can see my scowl underneath the smile...
And know I'm still the same 6 yr old child
Who lost his father to blow, who felt he had nowhere to go...
So turned to a notepad and got internal...
its funny that a laptop can know my secrets but I neet a girl and I get scared if she gon' leak it.
It's not me hiding shit from you, its that I'm a bit paranoid...
I'm scared you wont understand this little boy...
And I dont mean to sound selfish... but to these words and my thoughts... I am not selfless.
I feel like a crab in a bucket, tryna make it top but I'm surrounded by shellfish...
And that aint make sense so forget it...
but dont forget me... i dont wanna sound prophetic...
So fuck a girlfriend man, fuck a H.E.R...
I don't want a soulmate... I want a BELIEVER...
So if you can make a deal... best believe you can break a deal...
I'm just saying, dont say you wont judge me if you know you will...
But I'm just scared... and you was impatient...
I'm sorry that I left you hangin and I left you waiting...
I decided to let you know how I feel...
But honestly if you knew all of this before, would you and I be together still?
Don't say you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment