Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sky Might Fall

ok.. For the past couple weeks, I have NOT made a post to my blog, but I planned on it. I PROMISE YOU I did. But for some reason, I just didn't have the words to say what I wanted. I was afraid that maybe I wouldn't mean some of the words I said. That's kinda wierd, especially coming from me... A person who takes solace in his blogs. But, now I think I can kinda air some ish out.

So, I've been talking something CRAZY I was doing on the last blog. And that "crazy thing" is joining the MILITARY. Yup, the MARINES. I'm not lying, DEAD ASS. I'm joining the fucking MARINES. It bugged me out too, so I imagine the 2 people who probably reads this is lyke, "Naj, what the fuck yo? Word? Serious?" But yeah, I joined the Marines. I really felt that right now in my life, at the ripe age of 21 that I have to DO SOMETHING. I mean, Niggas out here is stagnant right now, doing NOTHING. And that was me: Smoking weed, playing spades and Madden @ Marc-Lo's, drinking and trying to record a mixtape. That was my life and I was determined to do something different. I was bugged out yo, when I was being SWORN in. I was like, "Naj, this is really happening." And since then, A nigga has been straight edge. No weed, a lil alcohol here and there, running 3 miles 3x a week. I mean, word! I'm doing it. I'm on my way. I see a change in myself that I've been dying to see. And that makes me happy.

As of late, I've been a few blogs... Just to kinda jog my blog writing and a blog that I've drawn to as of late is Charles Hamilton. You know him right? "Brooklyn Girls"? That nigga. He's so fckin dope. I really feel like me and dude could like have a Newport and just zone out musically or just have a DOPE conversation. I feel a lot of the things he says and I can HONESTLY feel him. I mean a nigga was homeless too for a short while, and his GRIND is ADMIRABLE. I've decided that when I get the money: CHARLES HAMILTON is gonna produce "N PLANE SIGHT: The Audio Motion Picture" or Executive Produce it, whateva. And it helps that his intern/photographer/chick who punched him in the face [which I didnt care] Briana Latrise is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I mean she just is... I mean looks is one thing... but her voice? Sends me over the edge. And that's all I'll say about it. Other than I want CHARLES HAMILTON to produce the album.

Speaking of the album, WRITING for that shit is absolutely FUCKING annoying! I truly believe that listening to "SO FAR GONE" really stifled me creatively. I mean cuz every song that I write sounds like fucking "SAY WHAT'S REAL" or "Uptown" amongst others. I mean FCK! I mean, I didnt have this kind of problem when I was writing "NRB" except for the WRITERS BLOCK. And when me and Toya broke up or started going through our problems as well as the TJ bullshit, I just threw that album away... With 2 songs left to write. Dumb, I know. But that was just a period that I didnt wanna put on wax. And now, I'm just fcking LOST. I have a partial tracklist and I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. So I decided to listen to a lot of OTHER SHIT. CHARLES HAMILTON, KID CUDI, JAY-Z, KANYE WEST, A little bit of CLIPSE, CAM'RON's new joint and damn... what else? I'll know by the end of the blog.

As far as girls, I havent ben stressing the situation. That comes when it comes, so its whatever. Its like I'm hardly even talking to girls outside of a friendship or harmless flirting that I know will lead to NO WHERE... There is this woman named ESHA though...

FUCK! MOS DEF! That's it! Mos's new joint! THE ECSTATIC is VICIOUS...COLD... You must cop it.

So that's about it on the blog tip. It's 3:43 in the AM, and I got a loooong day ahead. So I'm out...

LOOK FOR THIS ON MYSPACE...

-NAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment